Windows users who haven’t upgraded to iTunes 11 can download iTunes 11.0.1 (32- and 64-bit) file from Apple’s website by following this link. Alternately, below are the direct download links grabbed from the Apple’s server: Download iTunes 11.0.1 for Windows 32-bit Download iTunes 11.0.1 for Windows 64-bit.
iTunes is a free application for Mac and PC. It plays all your digital music and video. It syncs content to your iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV. And it's an entertainment superstore that stays open 24/.
- Organize your music into playlists
- Edit file information
- Record compact discs
- Copy files to an iPod or other digital audio player
- Purchase music and videos on the Internet through the built-in iTunes store
- Run a visualizer to display graphical effects in time to the music
- Encode music into a number of different audio formats.
What's new in this version:
- Completely Redesigned. iTunes makes it more fun to explore and enjoy your music, movies, and TV shows. You'll love the beautiful edge-to-edge design, custom designs for each album, movie, or TV show in your library, and getting personal recommendations any time you click In the Store.
- A New Store. The iTunes Store has been completely redesigned and now features a clean look that makes it simpler than ever to see what's hot and discover new favorites.
- Play purchases from iCloud. Your music, movie, and TV show purchases in iCloud now appear inside your library. Just sign-in with your Apple ID to see them. Double-click to play them directly from iCloud or download a copy you can sync to a device or play while offline.
- Up Next. It's now simple to see which songs are playing next, all from a single place. Just click the Up Next icon in the center display and they'll instantly appear. You can even reorder, add, or skip songs whenever you like.
- New MiniPlayer. You can now do a whole lot more with a lot less space. In addition to showing what's playing, MiniPlayer now includes album art, adds Up Next, and makes it easy to search for something new to play—all from a smaller and more elegant design.
- Improved search. It's never been easier to find what you're looking for in iTunes. Just type in the search field and you'll instantly see results from across your entire library. Select any result and iTunes takes you right to it.
- Playback syncing. iCloud now remembers your place in a movie or TV show for you. Whenever you play the same movie or episode from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV, it will continue right where you left off.
Download: iTunes 18.104.22.168 32-bit iTunes 22.214.171.124 64-bit ~84 MB (Freeware)
View: Apple iTunes Website
A while back Apple released the latest version of iTunes before the grand release of the iCloud service and iOS 5. Being used more as a multimedia platform, it was obvious that Apple will prepare iTunes to support the Cloud technology and the latest iOS. Now iTunes is the component that ties the iCloud service where you can store your music and TV purchases and your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch). This means that each purchase will be automatically shared to your computer or portable device.
Besides the iCloud service, iTunes can share your purchases with all your portable devices through your Wi-Fi network at any time. This means no additional costs in case you are at home and you have a proper Wi-Fi network. Another important feature is that now previous purchases can be downloaded again at no costs if the products are still available in the iTunes Store.
The most notable addition in the latest iTunes is the Ping social network for music addicts. You can now follow your favorite artists and friends and discover what music they are listening to. Thanks to Ping you can also stay in touch with the latest news and updates from your friends and beloved artists. Share your thoughts on any song you have purchased from the iTunes service and all your connections from the Ping network will see them.
Besides the social network music-orientated content, Ping brings also TV show rentals for only $99. The new Apple TV hasn’t been forgotten, therefore Ping comes with direct support for this service and with a slight revision to the user interface.
Pluses: free, direct support for iCloud service, sync option for wi-fi network, Ping, the music oriented social network makes its debut on iTunes, can be acquired without Quicktime;
Drawbacks/flaws: keeps the same bloated aspect while using a lot of hardware resources;
Download Itunes 11.0 For Windows 7
In conclusion: iTunes remains the core of the multimedia content for the Mac users and for anyone that posses an iOS portable device.