Search for videos, audio, pictures and other files Search files.
DirectX 11, the next generation of Windows DirectX graphic technology will be implement on Windows 7 with support wide varieties of Windows games and graphic display devices. After making DirectX 10 available for windows Vista, Microsoft has released DirectX 11 with Direct3D 11 available for download as technical preview for public testing.
“This version of the Windows 7/Direct3D 11 Technical Preview ships as part of the DirectX SDK and contains the following new features, tools, and documentation: Technical Preview of Direct2D; Technical Preview of DirectWrite; Technical Preview of DXGI 1.1,” the Redmond company informed.
As Windows 7/Direct3D 11 Technical Preview is part of DirectX SDK and contains Technical Preview of Direct2D, DirectWrite, DXGI 1.1. Good news is, it is not only available as Technical Preview but also as DirectX End-User Runtimes.
This DirectX11 release contains the following new Direct features and tools:
- Technical Preview of Direct2D
Direct2D is a hardware-accelerated, immediate-mode, 2-D graphics API that provides high performance and high quality rendering for 2-D geometry, bitmaps, and text. The Direct2D API is designed to interoperate well with Direct3D and GDI. This technical preview allows developers to evaluate the API and write simple applications, with some of the more advanced functionality possible on properly configured machines.
- Technical Preview of DirectWrite
DirectWrite provides support for high-quality text rendering, resolution-independent outline fonts, and full Unicode text and layout support, and much, much more.
- Technical Preview of DXGI 1.1
DXGI 1.1 builds on DXGI 1.0 and will be available on both Windows Vista and Windows 7. DXGI 1.1 adds several new features.
However, Direct3D 11 (DirectX 11) that supported on Windows 7 and Windows Vista only. Except Windows XP users cannot install DirectX 11.
Download Direct3D 11 (DirectX 11) for Windows 7 and Vista
Free Download DirectX 11 for Windows 7 and enjoy superior graphics technology on the latest and greatest operating system from Microsoft – Windows 7. DirectX 11(Direct3D 11) runs on both Windows 7 and Windows Vista and it will run on future Windows operating systems as well.
Features of DirectX 11(Direct3D 11)
DirectX 11 is the latest Microsoft technology for creating rich, impressive graphics. It is more useful for Game developers, who can take advantage of this new DirectX 11 technology to create more rich and impressive games for windows. The following are some significant features in DirectX11and they all work together to improve the graphic fidelity of games and 3D applications in windows 7 and vista. It also significantly enhances the ability of the CPU and GPU to work more efficiently in tandem.
- Tessellation – Tessellation is a technique used to add more detail to 3D images. DirectX 11 introduces this technique in Windows 7 and PC developers can now take advantage of this technique for real time rendering of graphics in their applications. DirectX 11 implements Tessellation on the GPU to calculate a smoother curved surface. This helps in making graphical images more visually detailed and in making all the characters in gaming applications more lifelike. It thus improves the graphics quality of applications, movies or games played on the PC.
- Multi-Threading – DirectX 11 also introduces multi-threading to take advantage of the power of multi-core processors that you get in most modern day computers. Games and applications rich in graphics are more CPU intensive and hence it is important for Microsoft to introduce a new set of APIs in DirectX 11 for developers, to take advantage of the power within multi-core CPUs. The ability to scale across multi-core CPUs will result in significantly rapid frame-rates for videos, games and other graphical applications, while also supporting the increased visual detailing.
- Direct Compute – Direct Compute is another new feature in DirectX 11 and this set of APIs will let application developers to take advantage of the power of discrete graphics cards in accelerating both gaming and non-gaming applications. This not only improves the graphics quality, but also helps in accelerating several day-to-day tasks related to graphics. For example, it improves the performance of the PC while doing tasks such as video editing in Windows 7.
DirectX 11(Direct3D 11) improves the rendering of three dimensional graphics resulting in much smoother 3-D animations and more lifelike graphical images or characters. Direct3D is also responsible for rendering 2D images as it replaces the DirectDraw framework in earlier versions of DirectX. Microsoft is continually improving this new Direct3D framework to take advantage of hardware acceleration and other new technologies available with most modern 3D graphics cards.
Free Download Directx 11
Get the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from here – Download Directx 11 For Windows 7.
The above end user installer includes all the latest and previous released DirectX runtime. Windows XP users are recommended to turn on a “System Restore” point before installing the DirectX run-time, as it cannot be uninstalled later.
If you are a developer, then you can download the free DirectX 11 redistributable package and include it with your products. You can also free download DirectX SDK.
Tags – Download DirectX, DirectX for Windows 7