DirectX 11 LATEST
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
Author / Product:
Microsoft Corporation / DirectX 11
DirectX 11 2021 full offline installer setup for PC
Directx 11 2 Download Windows 8 1 free download - Microsoft DirectX Drivers (Windows 98/98SE/Me), Falcon 4.0 demo download 1 of 2, nVidia Graphics Driver (Windows Vista 64-bit / Windows 7 64-bit. DirectX 11.1 is available for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 RS SP1, with Platform Update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 (KB2670838). Note To upgrade DirectX further, you will need to upgrade your operating system.
The Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime provides updates to 11 and previous versions of Direct X — the core Windows® technology that drives high-speed multimedia and games on the PC.
Direct3D 11 is out and ready for use by your game today to exploit the latest in video hardware features as well as current generation machines. This talk brings you up to speed with the API, offers tips on how to get your renderer up and running, presents key feature overviews, and shows how to deploy your application. Attending this talk is highly recommended if you are attending other app presentations.
Note that the DirectX Runtime (Direct3D, DirectInput, DirectSound) is not part of this package as it is included as part of the Windows operating system, and therefore cannot be installed or uninstalled. Updating the Runtime is achieved by installing the latest Service Pack or obtaining a newer version of Windows PC.
Microsoft DirectX 11 is included in Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2. There is no stand-alone update package for this version. You can update DirectX by installing the service pack and update listed below. To upgrade DirectX further, you will need to upgrade your operating system.
The program is included in Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Server 2012. There is no stand-alone update package for the software. You can only install this DirectX version through Windows Update in Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Server 2012.
The tool is included in Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2. There is no stand-alone update package for the app. You can only install this DirectX version through Windows Update in Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2.
DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 are included with these Windows versions. Updates will be available through Windows Update. There is no stand-alone package for these versions of DirectX.
Microsoft DirectX 11 is licensed as Freeware for Windows PC (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system/platform from components without restrictions. DirectX11 is available to all software users as a free download!
DirectX 11.1 is the latest Direct X 11 technology will be exclusive to Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows 2012. According to Microsoft developer Daniel Moth on developer network blog said, “Directx 11.1 is part of Windows 8, just like Directx 11 was part of Windows 7. Directx 11 was made available for Vista, but at this point there is no plan for Directx 11.1 to be made available on Windows 7.”
What so Unique about DirectX 11.1?
The highest profile difference between the new version and the older DirectX 11 is that DirectX 11.1 has native stereoscopic 3D support, a graphic feature of which most gamers probably don’t take too much advantage unless you’re running a bunch of 3D software, you most likely don’t need to worry too much about upgrading to Windows 8 in order to nab DirectX 11.1.
Before this addition, graphic developers could only add stereoscopic 3D support to software by intentionally programming it with specific graphics cards that support it in mind.
Another Windows 8 DirectX 11.1 new features will be WARP, a high speed, fully conformant software rasterizer. It is a component of the DirectX graphics technology that was introduced by the Direct3D 11 runtime.
- Feature Level 11.1 hardware
- All D3D11_FEATURE_DATA_D3D11_OPTIONS features for Feature Level 10.x/11.0 devices
- 16bpp format support (DXGI_FORMAT_B5G6R5_UNORM, DXGI_FORMAT_B5G5R5A1_UNORM, DXGI_FORMAT_B4G4R4A4_UNORM)
- Tile-based Deferred Renderer optimizations (D3D11_FEATURE_DATA_ARCHITECTURE_INFO)
- HLSL minimum precision shader optimizations (D3D11_FEATURE_SHADER_MIN_PRECISION_SUPPORT)
- DXGI 1.2 features for Stereo, Occlusion status notifications, Desktop Duplication, and NT Handle shared resources
- Windows Store app ICoreWindow features of DXGI 1.2
- WARP support for Feature Levels 11.0 and 11.1
- Direct3D hardware support in Session 0
- The DirectComposition API
Making DirectX 11.1 exclusive to Windows 8 seemingly pushes PC game developers into embracing the updated platform if they want to utilize those features. Various developers have expressed their distaste for the built-in storefront, but now that we’re weeks into the platform’s release, there really doesn’t appear to be anything to stress over. Gamers can still purchase their games from Steam, GameFly, GameStop and more as if they’ve never left the Windows 7 desktop.
Updates on DirectX 11.1 for Windows 7
Microsoft reveals that some of DirectX 11.1 features are being made available on Windows 7 Service Pack 1 via the platform update KB 2670838. The new features are limited to the WDDM 1.1 drivers on Windows 7.
DirectX 11.1 component that adds to Windows 7 Service Pack 1:
- ID3D11Device1, ID2D1Factory1, IDWriteFactory1, IDXGIFactory2, IWICImagingFactory2, ID3DUserDefinedAnnotation and related APIs are available. Methods that depend on WDDM 1.2 drivers or new Windows Store app APIs are not supported.
- Improved Direct3D 11 device interoperability via ID3DDeviceContextState, including the improved interop with Direct2D/DirectWrite
- D3D11_FEATURE_DATA_D3D9_OPTIONS feature detection
- In addition to the new Windows 8 WIC features, this update also fixes decoding of 96bpp floating-point TIFF images.
Directx For Windows 8
Source: Games for Windows and the DirectX SDK, KB 2670838